GOLD JEWELLERY remained an attractive asset among females from a long time. Sometime, Its shine overshadows our budget and we end up buying beautiful ornaments of our life. In past gold has always remained an appreciating asset but its look can drastically depreciate if we carry it on daily basis. During daily chores, it can get dirty from oil in the skin, body lotions, perfumes and makeup. Beautiful Gold Ornaments can regain their shine with a few simple steps which removes dirt & oil:-
1) Primarily cleaning of gold ornament by any of following measures:
a) TOOTHPASTE CLEANING: Take a small amount of toothpaste into a bowl and mix with one or two tablespoon of water to make a light paste. Opt for toothpaste that does not have a lot of abrasive qualities.
b) DISH WASHING DETERGENT: Add small amount of mild Dish-washing detergent to a small bowl filled with warm water (not hot or boiling water). Soak jewellery in the solution for 15 minutes.
c) BAKING SODA: Make a paste of one part water and three parts of baking soda .
2) Gently scrub with soft bristle of toothbrush to clean your gold pieces.
3) Rinse each piece with water and dry the piece with soft cotton cloth.
Cleaning of Jewellery can regain its shine but it is always preferred to take care of following notes for better conditioning of our ornaments
- Store gold jewellery away from other metal jewellery to avoid scratches.
- Remove gold jewellery before bathing as the soap will dull the gold surface.
- Remove gold jewellery before swimming as chlorine will discolor the gold.