Here are some tips or we can say precautions which will help us to keep our computer safe and secure:-`
- Vacuuming and dusting of computer desk and its surrounding area as needed. The frequency at which we should clean depends on the elements of the computer is exposed. Always keep it in a clean Area to keep it dust free.
- Do not use glass cleaner to clean monitors.Use a soft clean cloth moistened with water to wipe the screen clean.
- If WE want to give the mouse a quick cleaning, place it on a clean white sheet of paper and move the mouse back and forth. Some of the dust and particles should rub off onto the paper.
- Don’t restrict airflow around your computer and keep it cool.Avoid keeping papers, books, and other items around your computer.
- Don’t download software from just any website.Make sure that the website is trusted.
- Components we need to consider in an antivirus program:-a)ANTIVIRUS b) ANTI-SPYWARE c) FIREWALL
- Its better to have 3G connection and use that instead of accessing and trusting public WiFi.
- Use a safe web browser so that computer will remain safe from viruses.
- To protect our computer from electric urges we should always run our computer on a UPS.
- Be careful while plugging in USB,Ethernet,Speakers,Printers etc because ports such as USB,Ethernet can easily be damaged .
- If we do download something and find it useless then we should delete it from our computer.Uninstall programs we no longer use,delete music we no longer listen to.
- We can keep backup of our files to online backup services like Mozy,Carbonite or Box and our files will always be accessible.
- Availability of minor funds for hardware repair for this we need to maintain our budget as well…………………………………
- If you smoke near your computer, cigarette ashes and chemicals can build up inside your computer’s fans and other places. Ridding your computer of these things every 6 months can increase your computer’s performance.
- Do not open your computer while it is running or with any cables attached to it. It is always safer to remove all peripherals such as USB cables, audio cables, video cables, and especially the power cable and then clean.
- MAINTAIN AVAILABILITY OF MINOR FUNDS FOR HARDWARE REPAIR FOR THIS WE NEED TO MAINTAIN OUR BUDGET AS WELL.
In general, we feel that computer is one time cost item but truth lies with the fact that it also need maintenance. The annual budget for computer maintenance should be around 5% COST OF ITS ACTUAL COST. For e.g. – if our computer worth Rs 50000 then we need to spend Rs 2500 approximate per year, which should include the cost of activities like purchase of antivirus (Rs 800), installation or repair of software (Rs. 400) and installation or hardware repair (Rs. 1200).
FOR ANY MAINTENANCE RELATED QUERY OF YOUR COMPUTER E-GHAR CAN ALSO ASSIST YOU ON JUST A MISS CALL 92892-24365 OR BY DOWNLOADING APP.
1 thought on “Environmental Cleaning of Computers”